Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Let Me See Your Thong

My roommate is dating my brother.

"Wow, isn't that awkward?"  I get the same response almost every time I tell someone this.  But the truth is, it's fun to tell each other the weird things he says and talk about the possibility of being sisters-in-law someday.  Katrin and I never really feel weird about her boyfriend being my older brother.  However, I think Syd sometimes feels awkward about his sister and his girlfriend living together and constantly talking about him.

Syd just transferred to my school, so now he comes over to our apartment a lot.  One day Katrin and Syd were hanging out in our room in between classes.  Katrin was sitting at her desk typing something up and heard Syd pacing back and forth behind her.

"Ooh!" Katrin heard Syd making ogling noises and turned to see him holding up a pink thong he had found next to our dirty laundry hampers.

Her jaw dropped.  She just stared at him and couldn't even say anything.

"Please tell me these are yours," Syd said, a little bit worried by his girlfriend's silence.

Katrin burst into laughter.

Syd picked up the pair of jeans that were lying where he had found the thong.  After looking at them for a second, he dropped both the pants and the thong onto the floor.

"I have to go," he said and walked out the door.

The next day Syd, Katrin, and I were in line at the Cafeteria together.  I saw a dime on the ground and, since I always pick up change, bent over to get it.

"Abby," Syd said when my underwear peeked out of my jeans.  "You shouldn't bend over."

"Why?" I said, giggling a little bit.  "I thought you like to look at my underwear."

Me, Syd, and Katrin.  Apparently the only picture I have of the three of us is from 2009 and includes Elvis the Elk.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete